Monday, March 26, 2012

2 weeks in...




Conor is now 18 days old. It has been a blast and a half! We're still getting used to him, and he's trying to figure us out too.
I've learned a lot about myself in the process too. I am selfish. I like sleep. I have been a little judgmental of other moms. I take back every negative thought I ever had about someone else's parenting style!
I have realized that sometimes you find yourself doing what you swore you'd never do- because frankly, that's the only thing that works. Or, I'll be honest here, it's just a heck-of-a-lot easier!

Conor has met several family members this week! Aunt Donna, Aunt Betsy, Cousin Quinn, Amanda, and G-Grandma Kay are all in town to see the little guy! He is very much loved. How not when he's so cute!




Last night was very tough. Conor had a bad tummy ache from 6 to 10 last night. Then again from 10:30 to midnight. Poor little dude! Many thanks to Grammy and Daddy who took turns with him to keep me from throwing something against the wall and/or pulling my hair out. This morning, he is adorable and precious and snugly.

I think of the song by Darius Rucker, "It Won't Be Like This For Long" and cry because I know Conor will continue to grow and learn and I will miss the hours of rocking and snuggling with him when he's 6 and doesn't want me to embarrass him. I hope part of him will always want to get mommy hugs and kisses because I will never get tired of giving them!



1 comment:

  1. Hang in there! People used to tell me it would get better by the time Lucy was 10 or 12 weeks old (at least, the tummy-aches and related problems), and that seemed liked FOREVER away from 2 weeks old. But it comes, and passes. What a blessing a supportive and helpful family is! (Oh, and Amanda - who has a VERY fussy baby - swears by the Baby Bjorn...). Wish I had gotten to see Conor a little more on Sunday, but there was much going on. He is precious!

    ReplyDelete